Monday, September 30, 2013

Graphic Novel/Manga Display



Several weeks ago (possibly a month? maybe more?), my Director told me that she had ordered a large number of graphic novels and manga for our juvenile/young adult collection, including Volumes 1 & 2 of The Walking Dead Compendium. I'd been reading issues here and there for several years (this was in the midst of my undergraduate studies, during which I spent 90% of my time writing papers about the hours and hours of assigned reading I was given each week.) Needless to say, reading The Walking Dead on my iPhone just wasn't cutting it. So I was indubitably ecstatic to finally be able to hold the hefty bound book in my own hands. Back to my actual point, I was thrilled that we were adding graphic novels and manga to our collection, so I put together a small display to showcase our new addition, which I thought I would share. 

I cut the two cityscapes from cardboard, painted them, and put them in a make-shift base using two cardboard lids which I filled with crumpled yellow paper to give a bit of texture (and I love the contrast between yellow and black- it reminds me of the city settings from some of my favorite comics). I then printed out some popular comic book/graphic novel and manga characters which I cut out and glued on bristol paper. I used my handy dandy X-ACTO knife to cut the character's out, and then placed them throughout the "city."
(My director also informed me a few days ago that we would be getting the ADVENTURE TIME graphic novels here in the next month!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Search This Blog